– Robert Hendrix and Elmer Scott (his cousin) were involved in a residential burglary where Scott was then apprehended by authorities.
– Scott entered into a plea deal with the authorities that says while he was guilty of the crime, he pled guilty to burglary, he had to serve two years, and testify against Hendrix.
– Hendrix was then arrested and charged with armed burglary. There was a plea offered to Hendrix; 4 years prison and 5 years probation.
– Prior to the scheduled court date, Hendrix told friends that he wanted to kill Scott to keep him from testifying against him because he didn’t want to take the offered plea. Hendrix also mentioned to his girlfriend, Denise Turbyville, various plans to carry out his intention.
– Hendrix then found a throw away gun that wasn’t traceable back to him and constructed a silencer for it. He took a mask, hat and gloves with him to Scotts home. Denise Turbeyville was the driver. She heard several shots fired and Hendrix returned to the car.
– Hendrix told Denise that he shot Scott in the head used a knife to kill his wife Michelle by slitting her throat. Hendrix further slashed Scott’s throat with the knife as well.
– The police arrested Hendrix and was subsequently tried for his crimes.
Count I: Conspiracy to Commit Murder-30 years
Count II: Conspiracy to Commit Murder-30 years
Count III: First Degree Murder-Death
Count IV: First Degree Murder-Death
Count V: Armed burglary-Life
*Taken from: (http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/hendrix-robert-eugene.htm)*
His execution is scheduled for 4/23/14 at 6pm in Florida.
This page will be updated as information becomes available.